This is very sad news indeed. Kenneth Mars has been a part of my pop culture life almost since the beginning. He was always a highlight in Mel Brooks’ films and he was bringing the funny consistently as recently as Malcolm in the Middle. He totally should have reprised his role in the movie version of The Producers musical. I think Mars’ passing is made even sadder for myself because it serves as a reminder that Brooks’ repertory from the ’70s is getting older. They brought so much joy to the world. It’s sad to think about it without them. Finally, I had no idea he voiced Triton in The Little Mermaid. Astounding!
- RT @flypdx: If you missed these great films last time you were at PDX, here’s your chance! A public screening of the shorts program will be… 4 days ago
- RT @oregonfilm: Lee Marvin’s pants! PYW @hollywoodtheatr @ The Hollywood Theatre instagram.com/p/BblCgl-hYvX/ 4 days ago
- RT @oregonfilm: Office Dog Holder is excited about Painting Wagons tonight @hollywoodtheatr… instagram.com/p/BbkBA1RhDUg/ 5 days ago
- RT @portlandmercury: 6 things to do tonight including @arishapiro, @IbeyiOfficial, and Paint Your Wagon at the @HollywoodTheatr. https://t… 5 days ago
- RT @Elisabethf: At @PairingsPdx for NERD CAMP! See wine paired to @TFAW @HollywoodTheatr @PDXBroadsides @strangercomics @RedCastleGames @Ho… 5 days ago