While it already had a release earlier in the year, Kathryn Bigelow‘s The Hurt Locker is now playing. If you missed it the first time around, I cannot recommend seeing it on the big screen highly enough. For my money, the opening scene was best, most intense moment in film in 2009. The use of the super-slow motion is positively breathtaking. Oh yeah, the rest of the film is pretty good, too, with lots of interesting actors popping up. Kathryn Bigelow really knows how to direct action.
- RT @flypdx: If you missed these great films last time you were at PDX, here’s your chance! A public screening of the shorts program will be… 3 days ago
- RT @oregonfilm: Lee Marvin’s pants! PYW @hollywoodtheatr @ The Hollywood Theatre instagram.com/p/BblCgl-hYvX/ 3 days ago
- RT @oregonfilm: Office Dog Holder is excited about Painting Wagons tonight @hollywoodtheatr… instagram.com/p/BbkBA1RhDUg/ 4 days ago
- RT @portlandmercury: 6 things to do tonight including @arishapiro, @IbeyiOfficial, and Paint Your Wagon at the @HollywoodTheatr. https://t… 4 days ago
- RT @Elisabethf: At @PairingsPdx for NERD CAMP! See wine paired to @TFAW @HollywoodTheatr @PDXBroadsides @strangercomics @RedCastleGames @Ho… 4 days ago